Sunday, January 25, 2015

Holey Moley Doughnuts - A Gluten-Free Review

One of my favorite places to go downtown was the Milwaukee Cupcake Company. That always had a huge selection of GF cupcakes that were fancy and unique, and came in a pretty box...
So, when I heard they has gone out of business, I was sad. I then discovered that their space had been filled by a doughnut shop, and after some research I discovered that they make...wait for it...GF DOUGHNUTS!!
The weight of this discovery won't mean much to you if you eat gluten. But, since giving it up in 2012, I've frequently dreamt of the fried cakey goodness. 

I recently got a chance to sample their goods. First of all, the workers are amazing! Super nice, and really excited to tell me about the doughnuts, and even sample before buying. What!?!

I got a box of the "Baby-spice" and they were out of this world! Seriously! 
The texture, weight, and moisture were perfect. They didn't fall apart. Most importantly though, the flavor was wonderful! 
Mark, who has had real doughnuts more recently, said they were as good as the cider doughnuts that we get around apple picking season. That good. 
Their flavors change daily, and there isn't a boring option on the menu. 
I have nothing negative to say. 
GF or not, you have to give them a try. 




No comments: