Thursday, January 8, 2015

Dressing the part - Motherhood

So, I was about to get dressed and then I opted for yoga pants. I considered the quote I'd heard from a mother, who dresses "up" every morning. She said "If I were working outside of the home, I'd be dressing for my job. This is my job, so I'm dressing for it." (Or something like that) 
I briefly considered changing into jeans, and then it hit me: If this were a paid job that I'm to dress for, then I'd be wearing my grubbiest sweats, a "painting" t-shirt, waders, a poncho, a hard hat, gloves (the kind that you tape on for a hazmat suit), and nail polish (for a touch of class). 

1 comment:

Keegan said...

Bwahaha! Truth! I'm wearing sweatpants today. It's too snowy and cold to stress about looking like a business lady especially when your stewardship is over grubby, busy, active, energetic, crazy, snotty little people and you're staying indoors all day. Some days I like to dress decent just 'cuz it makes *me* feel better. But not today. :)