Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What it's like to have a toddler and puppy in the same house...



I often get asked what it's been like having a puppy and a 16 mo. old. Well let me tell you....

- I often call Oliver Ernie and vise versa
- There have been incidents when we don't know who has had an accident
- If Ernie is having trouble getting into the trash Oliver will kindly tip the can over
- They both like to wrestle
- When Oliver wakes up in the morning he calls for Ernie
- When Oliver is napping Ernie calls for him
- They both enjoy dog food
- If Oliver gets a time-out I get bit by Ernie

There is a definite camaraderie between them. All in all it's had it's ups and downs, but I think it will all be well worth it in a few months, and especially down the road.
And now, I must run to break up a fight over a toy....

No comments: