Sunday, February 8, 2009

Praising God


This weekend was beautiful! The weather was warmer, and sunny. We ran up to the house this morning and I felt like we got so much more done than usual.
I'm finding that the older Oliver gets the more he is content just sitting and playing. Because of this I was able to get a lot of cleaning done.
I forgot what it was like to be there and not be cold. It was fantastic.
It however was not fantastic when Oliver stuck his finger in my soda can and got his first owie. He cried for a few seconds and then I cried.
It was a tiny cut, but just seeing his little finger bleeding upset me so much. It makes me want to cry now.
It's a funny thing but I kind of think things like "I'm never going to let him get hurt, I will not be one of those mothers who lets there child fall and bump his head...", or "he'll just never get cut because I won't let him near anything sharp", and then it's something totally random.
It's funny thinking about it now.
By the way, Oliver is fine, but he was trying to eat his bandaid.

No comments: