Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Grant Park

My Grandma Suzie is visiting for the next week or two, so her, my mom, and the kids (minus Pat) came up to the house to visit. 
We went to Grant Park near our house. It's awesome! It's right by the lake (but we didn't go that far this particular day).
Rumor is that it's haunted.  http://www.milwaukeeparanormal.com/Haunted-Places-In-Milwaukee.html


Oliver has only played in sand a couple times, but he already loves it. Surprisingly, he has only tried to eat it once.



This part of the park has several different tools and activity tables just for sand. Brooke was not supposed to be sitting in the bowl.


I just want to make a note regarding this picture: I had been painting all morning, hadn't done my hair or makeup and it was windy.

"She flies through the air with the greatest of ease. Look at the girl on the flying trapeze..." 

Perhaps I'm a little out of touch with the sudden advances in Park architecture, but I've never seen anything like the ground/floor here. It's a recycled rubber mat covering the grounds. After about 2 minutes of being there one of the kids fell and bounced right back on his feet.


What a fun way to spend our afternoon! Thanks for coming to visit guys!

No comments: