Friday, May 1, 2009

Who can you trust if you can't trust family

A few weeks ago I got the idea to hire a contractor to install our insulation. I found a relatively inexpensive contractor and who was available when I needed him and the caper began.
I then enlisted friends and family to start lying to Mark. I decided that I would start planning a fake insulation party where us and about 12 volunteers would work tirelessly all weekend to get the insulation installed.  It was an exhausting thought but it had to be done. Or did it? 
In short I ended up telling him on Thursday night that the insulation guys were coming the next morning and we wouldn't have to think about it. His first question was "what are we going to do with everyone coming Saturday?" Ahh, the beauty of innocence.  
We arrived Saturday morning to a beautifully insulated house that was considerably more quiet and warmer.
Thanks wholesale insulators!
What a large amount of stress removed. 
Our drywall contractor starts on Tuesday and by the weekend of the 16th we will have a drywalled, and painted house. Amazing!
Thanks to everyone for all your prayers. We're not done yet, but at least now we can see the light.
PS
Also thanks to Bill, Becky, Amanda, Steve, Adrianne, Aaron, Natalie, A. Kathleen, U Mark, Lisa, Ivan, Mom and Dad for lying to Mark with me:)

1 comment:

Becky Melby said...

No thanks needed. Always happy to lie to one of my kids.

We're so excited for you guys. But the sooner your house gets done, the sooner we won't have that sweet little face to kiss goodnight. (No Mark, not yours. Though we'll miss that too.)