Wednesday, November 16, 2016

My 30th Birthday

30. I feel like I should write something thoughtful, and deep regarding this momentous point in my life. However, I'm just contented in noting that it was a lovely day. I did not feel like something magical, or depressing had happened. It felt very enjoyable, but in the same way that 26, 27, 28, and 29 were enjoyable

My day started with Mark surprising me by staying home from work, and he had asked his mom to come up so we could have several hours out on a date. We dined at Meat On The Street's new location, and did a little shopping. Along the way, he gave me this "card". 
It was a handmade, hinged, wood card with a tiny pallet. *swoon*
Seriously, if you know me, you won't be surprised to know that this made me cry. I love how well this man gets me. Being understood and known, really known. Now that is magic. And maybe that's why 30 didn't seem catastrophic or daunting . I'm sure that the feeling of aging will creep up on me, and I'll be subject to it's weight, but for now, it's just cozy, albeit a little more wrinkly:)

No comments: