Saturday, September 19, 2015

Yay for us and boring old spaghetti

I don't often post with the intention of boasting, but I'm not going to hold back here. This was one of those all too typical nights. The boys were wild, dinner was late, mark and I were getting cranky and sent them all upstairs to play while we finished dinner. 
I could just see how the rest of the night was going to play out so I made a crucial decision: I wasn't going to let this night go to crap! 
So, I grabbed some construction paper, and quickly colored some Menus, i threw on a dress, and grabbed mark a necktie. He ran with the idea. 
We ordered the boys to put on "fancy" clothes and come down to the restaurant. 
Mark donned a French accent, and seated our giggling guests. 
He then offered them our best house sparkling water (lime or grapefruit). 
After orders were taken we then served boring old spaghetti to three little boys who were absolutely delighted to be treated like royalty. 
The rest of the meal was wonderful! They took turns trying to copy accents. 
Since that meal, they've asked for a repeat several times so I know it was a special memory. And to just think, we were seconds away from giving into frustrations and creating a negative experience. On this particular night, we rocked this parenting thing. 



1 comment:

Keegan said...

Love it! I totally could have used inspiration like that tonight. Way to go, Melbys!