Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Sibling Date #1 of 480

Family is a great thing, and it's made even better by siblings. I'm lucky enough to share life with three sisters and a brother. If you know my family, you know that there's a BIG age gap between my youngest sister and me. There is actually a whole 18 years difference. 
No matter though. I share a closeness with each of them, and it only grows with age. At the moment we all live relatively close to each other, so we established a new tradition (while we can). 
SIBLING DAY! 
Every month (or bi-monthly, depending on work schedules). 
We'll take a whole afternoon from our busy lives to get centered and reconnect. 
Today was date #1. We ran to LG to check out a 1950's diner. 
It was super cute and the food was tasty! They even had GF bread! (Always a plus!)
Afterwards we headed to a frozen yogurt spot (because we could still walk). 
Then, being extremely full, we rolled back to the van and headed home. 
It was a wonderful visit filled with tearful laughter. The best kind!


Trying to force a smile out of Patrick. 

He was happy, he just likes to avoid the camera. He prefers to be behind one. 

                           Twins!

The waitress cut Brooke out of this one:(

The 3 minutes I left my phone unattended....




I totally caught pat smiling here! Booyah sucka!

1 comment:

melbytoast said...

I love this idea :)