Saturday, March 29, 2014

Twins - 27 weeks


I'm not going include a photo of myself this week. Instead, I thought it'd be much more interesting to show you how the boys have decided to place themselves. 
In case it wasn't obvious by the picture, this is pretty miserable for the incubator (me).
The only difference is that in our case the baby in the back is feet down, instead of head down. This means lots of kicks to the bladder. 
So, at 27 weeks I'm measuring 35 weeks. The twins are still being watched carefully for twin-to-twin transfusion. As of yesterday the margin between their growth had risen again from a 17% difference to 21%. It may not sound like that big of a difference but it's pretty significant. My doctor told me that they usually start to worry at 20%, but because they both look healthy, we're just going to keep observing. I'm also taking enormous amounts of protein in addition to my daily intake, and that is supposed to help a great deal. 
 
This week, please pray for 
-their growth, development, and that the difference in size would not be an indicator of something more serious. 
-my abnormal blood-sugar test (I go back next week for a three hour test:()
-a nagging bladder infection (not something you want in a twin pregnancy)

No comments: