Friday, February 15, 2013

Trying to beat cabin fever

Our household has spent the last three weeks trading off having the flu. It's been a rough winter!
We spent 5 hrs in ER yesterday after Weston threw up over 20 times!!
This morning it hit me how totally fed up my kids were with being indoors. Who could blame them?
We have a growing rock/stone collection, so we broke it out and started organizing (a favorite pastime of our kid's).
I used painters tape to make simple rectangles on the coffee table and let them decide what categories to divide then into (ie smooth, rough, largest, marbled...).
It was amazing! They sat and sorted for a good 20 minutes! Bliss!!:)
It later occurred to me all the great benefits this craft contained: sensory, analytical, sharing, listening to instructions...
Now I'm excited to see how many other types of things we can do this with.







No comments: