Thursday, June 9, 2011


So, we just got home from grocery shopping.
At Pick N Save we did the self checkout because I really only had around 20 things ( I went to Woodmans for a majority of our shopping), and there was a woman behind me who was mad because I was letting Oliver ring up stuff. She said something like "she's letting her damn kid ring stuff up....". I behaved myself and ignored her:)
So she quickly gets a checkout thingy of her own and then when she finishes she comes over to us to tell me how unbelievable I am for letting my kid ring stuff up, blah, blah, blah. As she's saying this there was no one in line, ironic huh?
So, even though there were tons of things flying through my head as she insulted us, all I could think about was how she was making me feel and how I didn't want to do that to her (sound like someone you know? My husband).
All I ended up saying was "You're going to regret saying that later (with a hand on her shoulder and a half-hearted sympathetic look)" Then as she yelled some more stuff as she walked away I just said "I'm quite confident that you wouldn't spend this kind of time with your children."
I probably could have left that last bit out, but overall I was really proud of myself that, pregnant and all, I still controlled myself. I year ago I would have let her have it, and felt horrible later. It just goes to show that the Lord works on us continually even in ways we don't realize until we're put in a tempting position.

No comments: