Saturday, February 26, 2011

So thankful

Sometimes after repeating myself dozens of times I start to wonder if the things we're trying to teach and instill in Oliver will ever stick. I'm sure most parents hear me loud and clear.
Tonight I watched him walk over to a plate and fork sitting on the couch, pick it up, and scrape it into the trash and then put it in the sink without Mark or I saying a word. Genius! He saw the need and just did it!
I was so impressed by this, and I started to think about my example to him as a mom. If Mark and I are careless with our things and don't lead by example how can we expect our children to do anything we say. Respect is a two way street and it's amazing how quickly children will pick up on those who are undeserving of it.
I pray that my example to our children will be one that they are proud to follow.

1 comment:

Becky Melby said...

Amazing boy. Amazing parents.