Friday, October 8, 2010

Baby Signing Time

When I was younger we were taught ASL (American Sign Language) to help communicate with my deaf cousin, and I've had the opportunity to use it at several places of employment.
When Oliver was younger we taught him some basic "Baby Sign" to help him and us communicate. We just recently got Oliver the video below from the Library to continue that educating, and he was very quick to catch on to the new signs. Now that Finley is approaching the same age we've started to work on the first few signs with him.
Today during lunch I was signing "more" before giving him a bite of food. Just like a parrot, Oliver was in the background copying my movements and words until I would say "more" and Finley would watch me then look right to Oliver and wait for him to repeat it.

No comments: