Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oliver update

Wow it's been forever since I've blogged. I started selling on ebay ( as a business ) so I have to prioritize my time a little differently. Blogging just isn't very high on that list.
Oliver has been keeping us very busy lately. 
He will be 20 months on Thursday. He's been talking a lot more, and climbing a lot more (he fell and broke his collar bone earlier this month). 
We started weaning him last Wednesday - I say "we" because it took the Lord, Mark, and me to initiate it (give me a break, he's my baby).
Oliver has done remarkably well, and it just reassures me that he was ready.  He is still a wonderfully happy, well behaved, and very lovable/cuddly little guy.  We are so happy for this, but bracing ourselves for #2 (due in April). I can just tell from his uterine activity that he and Oliver will be very different.

Mark and I have finally gotten motivated again to finish the house. We're currently in the process of putting up trim, setting up Finn's room, and Lots of other odds and ends. Our deadline (for ourselves) is spring.
Mark has being feeling  a strong calling to go to Haiti lately, although unsure of how or when, he would appreciate any information you have on trips, organizations, etc.
Oliver and I would not be able to join him (unfortunately) but I know the Lord must have an awesome plan for him, if he feels this strongly about it.
Please also be praying for him to have clear direction and safety if he does find a way to get there. 

Well, after talking to my wonderful sister-in-law Kristin over the holidays, I decided to start selling on ebay. I've done little bits here and there in the past, but never with this much focus, or organization. I've got a set profit margin, and calculate all of my fees, time, etc. I'm excited to see how the Lord uses this, and have been just praying his blessing over everything I buy and sell. My ebay name is mbmelby if you want to check it out:)


1 comment:

Becky Melby said...

We'll be praying for a way for Mark to get to Haiti. Proud of that boy...and his wife. And boys.