Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Marriage and Puzzles

I just had to share this.
Mark and I have been married for 3 years and this Saturday we'll celebrate our 8th year dating.
At this point you think you've pretty much covered each others likes and dislikes but this weekend I was proved wrong.
While looking for a game at the store Mark stopped in front of the puzzles and excitedly announced " We should get a puzzle! I love puzzles!" I then replied 'who are you and what have you done with my husband?' 
"No really" he said "every time I think of it I look for airplane puzzles....."
The conversation and my disbelief went on for several moments.
We ended up finding a 1000 piece puzzle and started working in it last night. I realize this probably sounds terribly nerdy but it has been so nice to spend time together doing something with 0 stress and still be able to carry on a conversation.
So, in short if you're looking for something relaxing to do with your spouse or significant other you might give a puzzle a try.
A sidenote: If you drop a piece and your 10 month old chews on it, you most likely will not get it to fit right.

2 comments:

melbytoast said...

OOooooooh, we *LOVE* puzzles!!! The only problem used to be having to complete them all in an evening so we could use the table the next day. I came up with a great solution...a clear table cloth over the top does the trick! Fun-fun-fun :)

(((hugs)))

Kristen

TheMelby7 said...

What a great idea! Thanks!