Saturday, June 25, 2016

Mark's 30th Birthday! The Odd Duck

So, it's a little well-known fact, that my sweet husband just turned 30! *gasp*
I have now know mark for more than half of our lives. I am truly in awe of this man. It's a funny thing to suddenly look at someone you've know since middle school and see them as the grown up that they are. Really. I respect him more than any other human I know. He has grown so much as a man, friend, husband and father. Every day I watch him walk through the door, to a literal swarm of children, screaming his name. He bends and kisses each one and then makes a b-line for me. With a smile and warm embrace -that I wait for all day- he sweetly kisses me and asks how my day was. This is typically all before he takes off his shoes. He never asks for anything and is forever offering himself to us. He's amazing. 
So, when this birthday rolled around, he took it all in stride. No panic, no cwaziness. Maybe a little more reflective. 
We started off his celebration with dinner at th Odd Duck. I would highly recommend it. We'll be back!

He let me dress him. My favorite shirt. 

A lilac cocktail. 

All of the food was amazing! We were too busy stuffing our faces, to stop and take pics of the dishes. 




1 comment:

Keegan said...

So fun! And happy birthday, Mark! You two are such a great couple!