Friday, June 12, 2009

if inconsistency was my goal....

...I'd be achieving it with flying colors!
The closer we get to moving in to our new house the crazier and longer our days get.
This week Oliver and I were at the house more than any other place. This weekend, were planning on finishing the hardwood flooring, starting on tiling, and hopefully starting on the base kitchen cabinets. In an attempt to get more work done and less burned out we're going to be spending our third weekend sleeping at the house. 
It's so nice to wake up in our own house, even if we're on an air mattress:)

I had several blogings planned, mentally, but then I went and deleted all of my pictures! Ahh! So, I'll do my best to sum up what we've been doing the last few weeks. 

One of the highlights of my month was standing up in my best friend Katie's wedding on the 5th. 
Our families have known each other since I was about one. Katie's older sister Aubrey (who passed away in 2005), Bryana, Katie and I have spend years together. It was such an honor to be asked to share in her special day, in such an awesome way.
We saw a lot of church family from Illinois, that we haven't seen in a long time, and got to catch up on school, marriages, and babies.
Mark, Oliver, my cousins, and I danced the night away. Overall it was a really fun night.

Going back a bit....
On June 2nd Mark turned 22...I mean 23.
On his birthday we celebrated with a group of friends and family and DIRT CAKE! 
It was a really nice, relaxing night.
Then, on Thursday the 4th, Oliver turned (sniff, sniff) ONE!
He did have to share his birthday with the rehearsal dinner, but we still went out for dinner, and he had a birthday cookie:) 
(We're planning a small celebration for the end of the month)

No comments: